OpenSea makes use of blockchain know-how to promote NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, with suitable cryptocurrency wallets, resembling Coinbase. OpenSea raised $300 million in January.
“We’re creating an area the place all people can entry the chance and potential of NFTs (to not point out, it has grown 600x within the final yr!),” Mahanta wrote in a LinkedIn post.
Mahanta can also be on HopSkipDrive’s board of administrators and is a fellow for the Brookings Institute specializing in tech coverage. Her latest work for Brookings covers cryptocurrency and difficulties surrounding regulation as a authorized skilled.
Different personnel modifications throughout the Pacific Northwest tech business:
- Chris Knowlton, previously principal program supervisor at Microsoft, joined Panopto, a video-recording firm, as chief evangelist.
- Dianna Winegarden was promoted to chief buyer officer at DreamBox Studying, a Bellevue, Wash.-based edtech firm.
- Mayur Kamat, former vp at Agoda and Hiya, will be part of Binance, a cryptocurrency market, as head of product.
- Dwight Krossa, former Microsoft govt, will be part of Evisort, a contract administration software program firm, as vp of product.
- Reno Mathews, former Google and Meta govt, will be part of Trulioo, an id verification service, as its chief compliance officer.
- William DePaolo, former UW College of Drugs college, was named chief scientific officer at Tend, which makes use of biotech to investigate intestine well being.
- Jon David, vp of Glu Cellular, joined Akili, a know-how consulting firm, as its first chief product officer.
- Jan Beck, former head of R&D at Lyell Immunopharma, is now chief working officer at Mozart Therapeutics, which develops therapies for autoimmune ailments.
- Jason Mironov and Patrick McCarter left the board of administrators of Vancouver, Wash.-based ZoomInfo.