Prepared? Let’s go.
1. Some Hollywood companions are annoyed with Apple TV+’s operations and management. Apple TV+ this weekend grew to become the primary streamer to win an Academy Award for greatest image, outstripping tech rivals Amazon and
- Insider spoke with 14 Hollywood and Apple insiders, lots of whom mentioned the streamer’s content material staff is under-resourced and has stumbled in irritating methods.
- One former Apple staffer pointed to burnout on the streaming service: “There’s going to be a breaking level. Persons are stretched skinny and dealing too exhausting.”
- And whereas Apple TV+ has formidable plans to develop into sports activities, with a Major League Baseball deal and a bid on the desk for NFL’s “Sunday Ticket,” there have additionally been questions on how its management construction may evolve.
In different information:
2. Meta reportedly paid a political agency to plant damaging tales about TikTok. The Washington Publish reported that Fb’s mother or father firm paid to “get the message out that whereas Meta is the present punching bag, TikTok is the true risk.” What we know so far.
3. Fb and Google know you higher than you realize your self. Europe says that must be unlawful. New legal guidelines launched in Europe would severely curtail Huge Tech corporations’ energy over customers’ privateness. One change, for instance, would preserve Meta from utilizing your exercise on Fb to focus on adverts on Instagram. We explain the changes the legislation would make.
4. Content material creators share how they turned their social-media facet hustles into full-time jobs. We spoke with 19 creators — together with avid gamers, finance fanatics, and tech influencers — who’ve monetized their audiences and, in lots of circumstances, made extra money on social media than of their earlier careers. They explain how they made it happen.
5. Mark Zuckerberg shared an ex-Yahoo exec’s recommendation to him as he grew Fb. In an interview with podcaster Tim Ferriss, Zuck mentioned the exec informed him “you get to choose the ways in which your organization sucks.” He additionally mentioned he tries to surf every day to take his mind off getting “punched” by the news.
6. Federal regulators sued TurboTax proprietor Intuit. In a criticism filed this week, the FTC is alleging that the corporate’s promoting for “free” tax-filing providers misled customers into believing they’ll file their taxes without cost. Here’s what you should know.
7. Tinkoff Financial institution is likely one of the solely main Russian banks to keep away from Western sanctions. The
8. A lady accused of stalking Tim Prepare dinner has agreed to steer clear of him for 3 years. The 45-year-old, who had falsely claimed to be married to the Apple CEO, can’t come inside 200 yards of him, his office, car, or any of his speedy relations till 2025. More on that here.
Odds and ends:
9. Apple’s new inexperienced iPhone has folks swooning. The alpine inexperienced iPhone is an try by Apple to face out in a world the place consideration spans have shriveled to mere seconds — and it is working. Experts explain why colorful tech is so seductive.
10. Sony’s PlayStation Plus will add a Netflix-style library of video games and new options. Sony not too long ago introduced new tiered plans for its game-
What we’re watching at this time: