Deadline: October 31, 2022
Functions for the Emerging Health Technologies Media Award of Excellence 2022 at the moment are open. The Rising Well being Applied sciences Media Award is an annual recognition of journalists who’ve contributed to rising well being know-how (EHT) reporting by publishing and producing tales on the topic.
The aims of the EHTs Media Award are to advertise reporting of the rising well being applied sciences being developed to be used in Africa, in addition to to boost public consciousness, understanding, participation, and native possession of those applied sciences. The rising well being applied sciences for consideration embody, however are usually not restricted to, gene drives for malaria management and elimination; drones for improved well being; synthetic intelligence; and microgrids for healthcare.
The classes are as follows:
- Print journalism: Function/article between 700 and 1,500 phrases printed in a newspaper, journal, journal or e-newsletter.
- Radio journalism: Documentary or dialogue programme between 5 and 45 minutes.
- Tv journalism: Documentary or dialogue programme between 5 and 45 minutes.
- On-line/new media: Function/article between 700 and 1,500 phrases printed in an internet model of a mainstream newspaper, journal, journal or a private web site. Audio/visible documentary or dialogue programme between 5 and 45 minutes.
- EHTs Media Award Grand Prize: $5,000
- EHTs Media Award Print Class: $2,500; Runner-up $1, 000
- EHTs Media Award Radio Class: $2,500; Runner-up $1,000
- EHTs Media Award Tv Class: $2,500; Runner-up $1,000
- EHTs Media Award On-line Class: $2,500; Runner-up $1,000
- Open to printed and broadcasted works in print, radio, tv, and on-line media.
- Solely African journalists are eligible for the competitors.
- The competitors is open to particular person journalists and never media establishments or organisations.
- The interval of publication/broadcast of entries is from October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2022.
- The entries ought to deal with EHT growth points related to Africa, equivalent to ongoing analysis, regulatory frameworks, group participation, public consciousness and understanding, involvement of African scientists, fairness and profit sharing. The problems could also be relevant to at least one African nation or be regional in scope.
- All entries are required to be in English or French. Tales completed in native languages ought to be translated, and the unique language indicated.
- Journalists are inspired to submit entries by sharing hyperlink to the printed article/programme, in addition to a PDF attachment (for print media). URL ought to be from a reputable media platform.
- If an entry shouldn’t be accessible on-line, scanned articles or copies of the TV or radio recordsdata ought to be submitted.
- Submitted recordsdata shouldn’t exceed 15MB.
- Entries ought to be submitted to the AFIDEP secretariat at [email protected], copying [email protected] and [email protected] Notice that communication with the organisers is in English.
For extra data, go to EHT Media Award.